Welcome to the Appraisal Institute, North Texas Chapter!
Welcome to the Appraisal Institute, North Texas Chapter web site. As with any professional association communiqué, considerable thought and effort has been expended in an effort to make your experience both educational and valuable.
The North Texas Chapter’s website has been designed for three purposes:
- First, to educate our Designated Members, Candidates, Practicing Affiliates and Affiliates on activities sponsored by the Chapter. The activities include chapter meeting schedule and topics, education offerings, employment opportunities, and resources commonly used by appraisers.
- Secondly, we strive to assist the public by briefly explaining the valuation process and by identifying qualified appraisers to perform real estate valuation and consultation services.
- Lastly, we seek to strengthen the relationship among our Members, Candidates, Practicing Affiliates and Affiliates by offering email forums to discuss opportunities in the marketplace and the challenges we face as real estate professionals.
January 17, 2020
Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas
4150 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving, TX
Continuing Education Credit:
- AI Points – 40
- Texas ACE – 8 hours pending
Registration/Continental Breakfast – 7:15 AM – 8:00 AM
Conference Presentations – 8:00 AM – 4:45 PM
- Mark Lowery, MAI, AI-GRS, President, Appraisal Institute, North Texas Chapter
2020 Economic Outlook
- Dr. Mark G. Dotzour, Real Estate Economist
Dallas Real Estate Market
- Mike Ablon, Principal, Pegasus Ablon
Overview of Property Taxation
- Melinda Blackwell, Blackwell & Duncan PLLC
- Steve Brown, Dallas Central Appraisal District
- David Dodd, JLL Valuation and Advisory Services, LLP
- Jim Evans, Attorney at Law, Low, Swinney, Evans & James PLL
- James Hannagan, Geary, Porter & Donovan, P.C.
- Paul Pennington, P.E. Pennington & Company, Inc.
- David Tabor, Perdue Brandon Fielder Collins & Mott LLP
Dallas’ Real Estate and Economic Performance and Projections
- Steve Brown, Real Estate Editor, The Dallas Morning News
Current Real Estate Issues
- Rodman Schley, MAI, SRA, 2020 Appraisal Institute President Elect
Trends in New Residential Development and Subdivision Construction
- Paige Shipp, DFW Regional Director, Metrostudy
Overview of Property Types
- Byron McCoy, Principal, Younger Partners
- Brian O’Boyle, Sr. CCIM, Founder and Vice Chairman, Newmark Knight Frank
- Jennifer Pierson, Managing Partner, STRIVE
- Peter Shaddock, Jr., Co-Owner, VP and Director of Land, Shaddock Homes
- Dustin Volz, Executive Vice President, JLL
Reception – 4:45 PM – 5:45PM